It is critically important for Australia’s future that a Labor government is elected at the next federal election. The 48th National Labor Conference will set our Party’s policies and agenda for that election – we must get this right.
I am standing to be a delegate to this conference because I want ALP members in Reid to have a strong and passionate voice on the floor of this important Labor Conference.
I am an active party member with over 30 years’ membership and am currently Secretary of Sefton Labor Branch. I am a proud unionist and member of the ASU.
In addition to my party activism I have a record of community activism on local issues, disability services, women’s rights and workers’ rights. I have campaigned strongly against domestic violence and for the provision of support services for vulnerable people in our community.
If elected I will stay true to Labor principles - I will support policies and measures that:
- decrease inequality and discrimination;
- protect and expand the rights of workers;
- address climate change and expand investment in renewable energy
- ensure humane and respectful treatment of refugees
- increase the rights rank and file party members to elect our Party’s leadership, preselect Labor candidates and determine policies.