Image of Candidate For the first time in Labor’s history members will have a direct say in who represents them at the Party’s National Conference.
The right to vote for conference delegate was won by decades of struggle by progressive party members across the country.
You can now use your vote to help finish the job of making our party democratic and accountable to its members. This next National Conference will decide whether our party is run by a small group of party insiders or whether members will decide who represents them and what Labor represents.
Anthony D’Adam stands for:
- Protecting rank and file preselections. Only members should decide who represents them in Parliament.
- Limiting the power of the National Executive to intervene in preselections.
- Expanding the direct election of conference delegates to state conferences so that members can decide who represents them at NSW State conferences.
- Barring Federal MPs from running as National Conference delegates. Anthony believes they already have a say on policy through caucus!
- A strong industrial relations policy that shifts the balance back in favour of workers and unions.
- Immediate recognition of Palestine by the next Labor Government. Anthony asks you to vote for a democratic, accountable and progressive Labor Party.